College Entrance Examinations

Undergraduate Program Entrance Examinations

Service members applying for college admission, an officer ascension program, a military-sponsored academy or professional program may be required to take a standardized test such as the ACT or SAT, as part of the admissions or program application.

Some school and military programs accept either test interchangeably; however, service members should check with their military education couselor prior to testing.

As you begin to think about college and creating the best application package possible, your admissions plan should begin with the question, "Which test should I take?"

For more information on ACT and SAT, visit the DANTES webpage dedicated to these tests:

Postgraduate Program Entrance Examinations

Students who are applying to postgraduate courses often are required to take standardized test such as the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT).

For more information on GRE and GMAT, visit the DANTES web pages dedicated to these tests: