Privacy & Security
U.S. Department of Defense Warning Banner
You are accessing a U.S. Government (USG) Information System (IS) that is provided for USG-authorized use only. By using this IS (which includes any device attached to this IS), you consent to the following conditions:
- The USG routinely intercepts and monitors communications on this IS for purposes including, but not limited to, penetration testing, COMSEC monitoring, network operations and defense, personnel misconduct (PM), law enforcement (LE)and counterintelligence (CI) investigations.
- At any time, the USG may inspect and seize data stored on this IS.
- Communications using, or data stored on, this IS are not private, are subject to routine monitoring, interception, and search, and may be disclosed or used for any USG-authorized purpose.
- This IS includes security measures (e.g., authentication and access controls) to protect USG interests--not for your personal benefit or privacy.
- Notwithstanding the above, using this IS does not constitute consent to PM, LE, or CI investigative searching or monitoring of the content of privileged communications, or work product, related to personal representation or services by attorneys, psychotherapists, or clergy, and their assistants. Such communications and work product are private and confidential.
Privacy and Security Notices
1. This website is provided as a public service by the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES).
2. For site security and management purposes, all transactions with the server are collected for security and statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for determining technical design specifications, traffic load, and to identify system performance or problem areas.
3. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
4. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with the National Archives and Records Administration's General Records Schedule 20 (Electronic Records). All data collection activities are in strict accordance with DoD Directive 5240.1.
5. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
6. Information presented on this website is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
7. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to the Webmaster.