A transcript is an official score report for DANTES funded exams. Service members should request copies of score reports at the time of testing, and always designate an institution to receive a free official score report. Most scores can be reviewed online at the testing agencies website, within 2-4 weeks after test administration. Requesting scores and transcripts may be different for each of the DANTES-funded exams.
When requesting a transcript, be very specific regarding where it is to be sent. If possible, include an office symbol, code or particular person at the institution designated to receive the transcript (i.e., admissions, evaluations, graduation, etc.).
Before 1 July 1974 - United States Armed Forces Institute (USAFI)
Between 1942 and 1974, the United States Armed Forces Institute (USAFI) provided education opportunities which included GED, General Examinations of the College Level and USAFI Courses, to Service members in the U.S., Alaska, Caribbean, Europe, Hawaii and Japan.
Order a USAFI/GED Transcript by visiting https://jst.doded.mil/usafi/
After 1 July 1974 - Transcripts and Grade Reports for Exams Sponsored by DANTES
Service members seeking transcripts for DANTES-funded or self-funded exams taken after 1 July 1974 may download a transcript order form by visiting the respective testing agency.
- CLEP and DSST www.getcollegecredit.com - Test Takers – Military
- Request scores for self-funded CLEP retests at clep.collegeboard.org
- ACT www.actstudent.org
- SAT www.sat.collegeboard.org
- GMAT www.mba.com
- GRE /www.ets.org/gre
- Praxis www.ets.org/praxis
- ECE (exams not funded by DANTES effective 1 Oct 11) www.excelsior.edu
- LSAT (exam not funded or reimbursed by DANTES) www.lsac.org
GED Taken by Service members and affiliated Civilians at U.S. and Overseas Military Installations
- Visit www.gedtestingservice.com/testers/gedrequest-a-transcript
- Select DANTES - tested after 1974
- Click Create Account for access to the online order system
- Use the account to request transcripts online and track status of orders
For exceptions visit www.gedtestingservice.com/testers/dantes
Direct questions about transcripts to GED Testing Service via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-EXAM-GED (877-392-6433).
Department of Defense Dependent Schools (DoDDS)
Direct questions about DoDEA Americas, DoDEA Europe, DoDEA Pacific and Panama Canal Zone to the appropriate records center.