DANTES Funding Eligibility Requirements

Service member Common Access Card (CAC)

Military personnel with a valid Geneva Conventions Common Access Card (CAC) are eligible for DANTES-funded testing.

The CAC must have:

  • “Geneva Conventions Identification Card” across the bottom,
  • “United States Government” in the upper left hand corner
  • “Uniformed Services” with the Branch of Service: Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps or Navy.

ID Cards for Eligible Spouses and Civil Service Employees

To establish eligibility for DANTES funded* academic testing:

  • Active duty and Reserve Coast Guard spouses and their respective Civil Service employees must present the Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card, DD Form 1173.

No other identification cards are acceptable.
*Refer to the individual testing programs for specific information.

Personnel not Funded by DANTES

  • Discharged Veterans and military retirees: May be eligible for reimbursement from the Veterans Administration. Visit www.gibill.va.gov for information.
  • Dependents (other than spouses) of Active Duty Military
  • Inactive Guard, Inactive Reserve, and Coast Guard Auxiliary
  • DoD Acquisition Workforce Personnel
  • Spouses of Active Duty Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, Navy, as well as Marine Corps Reserve, Navy Reserve and Air National Guard.

Non-military affiliated civilians should refer to individual academic programs for the respective testing agency’s website.